An exciting Interactive History Drama where you will experience first-hand the true story of Renaissance. Take on the role of an indomitable mercenary captain, fight fearsome enemies, make influential choices and forge your own path to glory.
From the Author of the best-selling Medici series Matteo Strukul, comes a new exciting Interactive History Drama, pushing the boundaries of video game storytelling and narrative depth. Dark Renaissance is an adventure game with RPG elements and a compelling and dramatic story, true to historical events, characters and places of the XV century. Embark on a journey through key places of the Renaissance world, from Italy to China, going through the fascinating lands of the Middle East and Transylvania. Lend your sword to Lorenzo De Medici and fight formidable enemies, such as the bloodthirsty Ottoman Sultan Mehmed II, the treacherous Anguana and the impetuous Duke Ercole d’Este.
In a land of immense Beauty and ageless mysticism, where families of ruthless powermongers wage battle through generations, the mother of all wars is bound to happen. In the heart of Firenze, Italy’s cradle of culture and art, Lorenzo il Magnifico, heir to the Medici Family, sits on his throne of riches. After having conquered the economic power of Italy, the Lord of Florence senses a new threat coming, meant to jeopardize his ruler’s status quo. With its power and financial establishment at a stake, The Magnificent must recur to the most legendary soldier on the battlefield: Marco Badoer, a tormented Capitano di Ventura who survived the twilight of Middle Age to be born again in an age of discovery and wonder.
- The most realistic Renaissance epic ever built in a game. Discover the story of Marco Badoer, one of the last knights of the famed Ordo Draconis, a chivalry order so bloodthirsty that counted Vlad the Impaler himself among its ranks.
- Meet the rockstars of Italian Renaissance. From Lorenzo il Magnifico to Leonardo da Vinci, you will walk on the shoulder of giants, inside iconic locations such as Venezia and Firenze, among the others. But be wary: ancient pagan magic, Eastern mysticism and occult knowledge will drag you into the darkest corners of human mind.
- Countless options for moral roleplaying and impactful decisions. Shape your path through nuanced branches and dilemmas, inside an endless series of violence and intrigue. Will you unleash your vengeful primal self in the Duel Mode? Or you’ll rather stay balanced as a monk through wise decisions? The choice is yours.
- A political manifesto from the past. After condemning the horrors of totalitarianism and datacracy in the award-winning Dry Drowning, StudioV goes back to its roots, to push again the boundaries of philosophical and political discourse in gaming. Swept under the rug of a beautiful world, tales of corruption, violence and dirty money await for the player to be discovered.
- Sex, drugs and gambling. From the opium-filled hammam of Constantinople, to the alcova of the most beautiful courtesans in Florence, the darker side of European history will unveil in front of your eyes, while a romance and character relationship system will let you decide to desecrate your body as much as you wish.
Enjoy high-class Renaissance living. Behold the beauty of Italy in all of its splendor during the Main Quest, and stop to relax at Villa del Drago, home to Marco Badoer. To transform this old house in a luxurious mansion, filled with fine Tuscany spirits and tasty food, it’s up to you, thanks to the currency and historical accurate card games.